Notice- First come, first serve: Firewood
All firewood remaining at the Metiskow Transfer Site will be offered to the public from 3pm to 5pm on Friday, November. 18th.
YEAR ROUND ROAD BANS (oiled roads 75%) :
- Township Road 392 from SH899 east 3 miles to Range Road 21 (Cemetery Road)
- Township Road 400 from Highway 13 west 6.25 miles to Highway #41
- Range Road 51 from Township Road 410 south 2 miles to Township Road 404
- Township Road 404 from Range Road 50 west 2 miles to Range Road 52
- Range Road 52 from Township Road 404 south 2 miles to Township Road 402
- Range Road 50 from Township Road 404 south 1.5 miles
- Township Road 410 from Range Road 51 east 2 miles to Range Road 45
- Township Road 394 from Highway 41 west 2.5 miles to Range Road 65
- Range Road 65 from Township Road 394 south 1 mile to Township Road 393
- Range Road 70 from Highway 13 south 1 mile to Township Road 405 (Shorncliffe Lake Road)
- Range Road 42 from Secondary Highway #600 South 2 miles, West 2 miles on Township Road 384, South 3 miles on Range Road 44
- Township Road 414 from highway 41 West to Range Road 71 – 3 miles
- Range Road 24 from Township 364 to 372
- Township Road 422 from Highway 41 to Range Road 82
- Range Road 82 from Highway 13 to Township 422
- Range Road 71 from Township 404 to Township 390
YEAR ROUND ROAD BANS (oiled roads 50%):
- Range Road 74 from Highway #13 north ½ mile
- Range Road 74 from Township Road 412 south ½ mile (north of Hughenden)
- Private road sought of Highway #13 going into residence on N.E. 5-41-7W4M (off the end of Range Road 74)
- Township Road 394 from Range Road 40-1 mile east to Highway #13
Hamlet and Country Residential Addressing
At it’s Regular Meeting of January 12th, 2012, the Council passed Bylaw 223, which assigns a rural address to every rural and Hamlet residence within the M.D. A copy of the package sent out to all Hamlet and Country Residential Ratepayers is available here.
To better serve its ratepayers, the M.D. of Provost has altered the hours of the M.D. Administration office. Starting Monday, March 21st, 2011 the M.D Administration office will no longer be closed during the noon hour, and will be open continuously from the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Permits for Fireworks
At its Regular Meeting of August 12th, 2010, the Council of the MD of Provost No. 52 passed Bylaw 2212, which made changes to the MD’s existing Fire Bylaw. These changes consist of adding the discharge of fireworks to the activities requiring a fire permit; as such the discharge of any fireworks within the MD of Provost No. 52 is NOT permissible without a permit.
More information on obtaining a permit may be found here, and a copy of the new bylaw may be found here.
Charitable Donation Policy
At its Regular Meeting of February 25th, 2010, the Council of the MD of Provost No. 52 ratified a new policy governing the way in which third party funding requests of a nature not related to the ordinary business of the MD are dealt with. In brief, this policy sets aside $40,000 in each fiscal year, for which eligible parties or organizations may apply, and establishes criteria by which said applications will be evaluated and a timeframe for the rewarding of allocations.
For application and eligibility criteria and information relative to submission deadlines, please see the policy in its entirety here. If you have any additional questions please call the MD Administration Office.
Tyler Lawrason, Administrator