N O T I C E
THE ANNUAL TOXIC ROUNDUP IS SCHEDULED FOR
AUGUST 19TH 2017
CRESCENT POINT PLACE PARKING LOT
10:00 A.M. TO 2:00 P.M.
N O T I C E
The next General Municipal Election will occur on October 16th, 2017.
Nomination Day will be September 18th, 2017.
Nomination papers and an information package for prospective candidates are available at the M.D. Administration Office, or by clicking here
Alberta Leaders Training view PDF
N O T I C E
The Financial Statement
for the year ending December 31, 2016
for the MD of Provost No. 52
is available at the MD Administration Building
(4504 – 53 Ave., Provost, AB). Please pick up a copy or contact the
MD office if you require a copy.
Phone: 780-753-2434 or 780-857-2434
M.D. OF PROVOST NO.52
GRADER ACTIVITY REPORTS:
Do you think we forgot you? It may take three or four days to get your roads open after a snowstorm. School bus routes and main roads will be done first. If you already have a Custom Work Agreement, the lane may be done later.
2017 Summer Road Programs
ORDER UNDER BYLAW NO. 2177
M.D. OF PROVOST
Order by the Municipal District of Provost No. 52 Highway Order No. 17/6 Defining Maximum Allowable Weights Permitted on Certain Municipal Roads.
Pursuant to the Authority granted by the Minister of Transportation under the Traffic Safety Act, that effective 9:00 a.m., July. 1st, 2017, percentage Axle Weights for Highways is:
50% on the following roads:
- Range Road 74 from Highway #13 north ½ mile
- Range Road 74 from Township Road 412 south ½ mile (north of Hughenden)
- Private road South of Highway #13 going into residence on N.E. 5-41-7W4M (off the end of Range Road 74)
- Township Road 394 from Range Road 40-1 mile east to Highway #13
75% on the following roads:
All Oiled and Chip Sealed Roads (excluding paved roads) including the following:
- Township 382 from Highway 899 to Range Road 14
- Township Road 392 from Secondary Highway 899 East 3 miles to Range Road 21 (Cemetery Road)
- Range Road 42 from Secondary Highway #600 South 2 miles, West 2 miles on Township Road 384, South 3 miles on Range Road 44
- Range Road 30 from Highway 600 to Township 382
- Range Road 51 from Township Road 410 south 2 miles to Township Road 404
- Township Road 404 from Range Road 50 west 2 miles to Range Road 52
- Range Road 52 from Township Road 404 south 2 miles to Township Road 402
- Range Road 50 from Township Road 404 south 1.5 miles
- Township Road 410 from Range Road 51 east 2 miles to Range Road 45
- Township Road 394 from Highway 41 west 2.5 miles to Range Road 65
- Range Road 65 from Township Road 394 south 1 mile to Township Road 393
- Range Road 70 from Highway 13 south 1 mile to Township Road 405 (Shorncliffe Lake Road)
- Township Road 414 from Highway 41 West to Range Road 71 – 3 miles
- Range Road 71 ( Shorncliffe Estates)
- Range Road 70 from Hwy 13 south to Township Road 405 (Shorncliffe Lake Road) (1 mile)
- Range Road 74 from Hwy 13 to Township Road 403.5 (3 miles)
Hamlet and Country Residential Addressing
At it’s Regular Meeting of January 12th, 2012, the Council passed Bylaw 2223, which assigns a rural address to every rural and Hamlet residence within the M.D. A copy of the package sent out to all Hamlet and Country Residential Ratepayers is available here.
Charitable Donation Policy
At its Regular Meeting of February 25th, 2010, the Council of the MD of Provost No. 52 ratified a new policy governing the way in which third party funding requests of a nature not related to the ordinary business of the MD are dealt with. In brief, this policy sets aside $40,000 in each fiscal year, for which eligible parties or organizations may apply, and establishes criteria by which said applications will be evaluated and a timeframe for the rewarding of allocations.
For application and eligibility criteria and information relative to submission deadlines, please see the policy in its entirety here. If you have any additional questions please call the MD Administration Office.
Tyler Lawrason, Administrator