ORDER UNDER BYLAW NO. 2177
M.D. OF PROVOST
Order by the Municipal District of Provost No. 52 Highway Order No. 19/2 Defining Maximum Allowable Weights Permitted on Certain Municipal Roads.
Pursuant to the Authority granted by the Minister of Transportation under the Traffic Safety Act, that effective Thursday, May 2nd, 2019 at 8:30 a.m., percentage Axle Weights for Highways is:
50% on the following roads:
- R.R. 74 from Highway #13 north ½ mile
- R. 74 from Twp. Rd. 412 south ½ mile (north of Hughenden)
- Private road South of Highway #13 going into residence on N.E. 5-41-7W4M (off the end of R.R. 74)
- Rd. 394 from R.R. 40 – 1 mile east to Highway #13
75% on the following roads:
- All Oiled and Chip Sealed Roads except for the following:
- R. 92 North of Highway #13 to Twp. Rd. 424
- R. 24 from S.H. 899 South to Twp. Rd 364
- Rd. 364 East of S.H. 899 to Saskatchewan Border (R.R. 10)
- R. 33 from Highway 13 North to Twp. Rd. 402
- R. 74 south of Highway 13
- R. 71 North of Twp. Rd. 390 to Twp. 402.5 East to R.R. 70 North to Twp. Rd. 403 East on Twp. Rd. 403 to Highway 41
- 422 from Highway 41 West to R.R. 82
- R. 82 from Highway 13 North to Twp. Rd. 422
Shorncliffe Lake Chalet Rental Rate
Please be advised that, at its regular meeting on January 10th, 2019, the Council of the Municipal District of Provost No. 52 did move to set the rental rate for the new Shorncliffe Lake Chalet at $50/day.
NEW Parks Bylaw
With the legalization of cannabis across Canada, the Municipal District of Provost No. 52 has amended its Parks Bylaw to forbid the consumption of alcohol and cannabis in public spaces at both Shorncliffe Lake and Capt Ayre Lake. If someone were to violate this bylaw, they would face a fine of $250.00.
If you wish, please take some time to familiarize yourself with the conditions of the new Parks Bylaw, which is attached as a PDF below. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Bylaw, please feel free to contact the M.D. of Provost Administration Office at 780-753-2434.
OFFICIAL RESULTS- October 17, 2017
GRADER ACTIVITY REPORTS:
Do you think we forgot you? It may take three or four days to get your roads open after a snowstorm. School bus routes and main roads will be done first. If you already have a Custom Work Agreement, the lane may be done later.
2019 Summer Road Programs
Hamlet and Country Residential Addressing
At it’s Regular Meeting of January 12th, 2012, the Council passed Bylaw 2223, which assigns a rural address to every rural and Hamlet residence within the M.D. A copy of the package sent out to all Hamlet and Country Residential Ratepayers is available here.
Charitable Donation Policy
At its Regular Meeting of February 25th, 2010, the Council of the MD of Provost No. 52 ratified a new policy governing the way in which third party funding requests of a nature not related to the ordinary business of the MD are dealt with. In brief, this policy sets aside $40,000 in each fiscal year, for which eligible parties or organizations may apply, and establishes criteria by which said applications will be evaluated and a timeframe for the rewarding of allocations.
For application and eligibility criteria and information relative to submission deadlines, please see the policy in its entirety here. If you have any additional questions please call the MD Administration Office.
Tyler Lawrason, Administrator