The purpose of the Agricultural Service Board, as described in Section 2 of the Agricultural Service Board Act, is:
- to act as an advisory body and to assist the Council and the Minister, in matters of mutual concern,
- to advise on and to help organize and direct weed and pest control and soil and water conservation programs,
- to assist in the control of animal disease under the Animal Health Act,
- to promote, enhance and protect viable and sustainable agriculture with a view to improving the economic viability of the agricultural producer, and
- to promote and develop agricultural policies to meet the needs of the municipality.
Role of Agricultural Fieldman
Promote, inspect and enforce the control of noxious weeds on all lands within the Municipal District of Provost No. 52. Promote, inspect and enforce the control of declared agricultural pests.
Ensure that the required inspections are carried out at seed cleaning plants to allow for the licensing of the plant.
Supervise the operation of lands under reclamation.
Promote, inspect and enforce regulations and issue permits regarding soil conservation and surface reclamation.
Have all other acts relating to the duties being performed.
Agricultural Service Board Act
Weed Control Act
Animal Health Act
Soil Conservation Act
Agricultural Pest Act
Line Fence Act
Livestock Industry Diversification Act
Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
Municipal Government Act & Municipal Government Act Review
Operations smaller than what the Agricultural Operation Practices Act Regulate
What We Do
The Agricultural Fieldman and the department are responsible for overseeing Agricultural Provincial Acts, Municipal Bylaws and Agricultural Policies and provide residents with a range of information and services aimed at protecting and enhancing agriculture and rural living within M.D. of Provost.
• Weed Control
• Pest Control
• Agricultural Equipment Rentals
• Grass Seeding
• Agricultural Events